At Brierley CE (VC) Primary School we hope that all pupils leave this primary school physically literate and with the knowledge, skills and motivation necessary to equip them for a healthy lifestyle and lifelong participation in physical activity and sport.
BRIERLEY CE (VC) PRIMARY SCHOOL SPORT PREMIUM OBJECTIVE
The PE and Sport Premium has enabled Brierley CE (VC) Primary School to improve the quality of PE and sports activities that we offer and helped us to achieve self-sustaining improvement in the quality of PE and sport we offer. We use the funding to:
- Increase pupil engagement
- Whole school interaction with sporting activity
- Up skilling staff to improve the quality of PE, sport and dance pedagogy
- Broader sporting experiences as a competitor, leader, coach and/or spectator
- Increased participation in competitive sports within school and against other settings
Funding for schools is calculated by the number of primary aged pupils (between the ages of 5 and 11) as at the annual census in January.
Schools must spend the additional funding on improving and sustaining their provision of PE and sport to develop the PE provision that the school already offers and make improvements that will benefit current pupils and pupils joining the school in future years (DfE June 2017).